Child Welfare and Attendance
The Child Welfare and Attendance Department is here to provide the highest quality advocacy/support system characterized by a family-friendly responsiveness to the concerns of students, families, and schools that support optimal attendance and school completion; as well as maximum academic achievement and social development.
We will remain the link between home, school and the community while assisting in the welfare and education of the whole child.
We are committed to and will strive:
- To be culturally-sensitive, service oriented and responsive to the Child Welfare service needs of our students and their families.
- To collaborate with school and community agencies to develop comprehensive and success oriented plans that will maximize student potential.
- To create awareness of psycho-social needs that adversely affects the learning processes of students.
- To advocate for those we serve and empower them to advocate for themselves.
- To partner with community agencies including the Vernon Parish Sheriff’s Department and the Vernon Parish Judicial System by facilitating open communication and information sharing that will subsequently result in the greatest success for our students.
If you have questions or concerns about the education of your student, please feel free to contact:
MISTER. Hub Jordan
Director of Child Welfare and Attendance
Phone (337) 239-3401